- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pasta Recipes
A Delicious and Hearty Lasagna Recipe
In this recipe, there is a little spin on the classic traditional lasagna that you are use to. Instead of one type of cheese, there are four different types. The four different types of cheeses are cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, Neufchatel cheese, and mozzarella cheese. The cheeses add more flavor and creaminess to the lasagna. Overall, this recipe can be served as a family dinner, a romantic occasion, or for any other occasion that you see fit. It is delicious simple and will surely please every one that takes a bite of it.
- 1 lb. ground beef, extra-lean
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 tsp. oregano leaves, dried
- 1/2 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese, Knudsen 2%Milkfat
- 1 pkg.(8 oz.) KRAFT Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown the meat with the onions in a skillet.
- Mix Neufchatel, cottage cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella, 1/4 cup of Parmesan, and egg until blended.
- Drain meat then put back onto skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and oregano; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Spoon 1 cup of meat sauce onto bottom of baking dish; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1 cup cheese mixture and 1 up of meat sauce.
- Repeat the layers twice over. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan; cover with foil
- Bake for 50 minutes or until heated through, uncovering after 40 minutes Let stand 10 min., before cutting to serve
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat 7 g||35%|
|Carbohydrates 23 g||8%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 22 g||44%|
|Cholesterol 70 mg||23%|
|Sodium 650 mg||27%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Here are some other recipes that I have below:
- Quick and Easy Mixed Berry Topping Recipe
Have you ever wondered what would be a good topping for a piece of french toast, pancakes, or waffles? Have you ever felt the need for something healthy and yet tasty? If so here a recipe for you.
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe by torrilynn
Strawberry Shortcake is a popular dessert among children, teens, and adults. The fact that this delicious shortcake comes in different flavors helps to widen the variety that you can choose from.
- Tequila Soaked Watermelon
If your looking for a new and fun way to make a few changes to that watermelon that you have. Check out this hub on how to make a twist on this delcious and tasty fruit.
- How to Make Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Simple
A simple, quick, and easy way to make delicious chocolate chip cookies.
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cheescake Bars
Delicious snack or treat that will definetly help to show your appreciation!