- Food and Cooking
Heartwarming Bowl of Chili with Rice
Quick and Easy to Make and Even Easier to Enjoy!
When the day is cold and rainy a nice warm meal can bring the body comfort and warmth. A bowl of this tasty Chili recipe will warm you to the bone and make your taste buds come back for more. The beans in this Chili mixture are also high in nutritional content loaded with Fiber, B1, folate, magnesium and other important minerals your body craves and needs. Rice is added to give it extra fiber, flavor and nutrients.
1- 15 ounce can of Red Kidney Beans
1-15 ounce can of Great Northern Beans
1- 15 ounce can of Chili Beans
1 Large can of diced tomatoes
I package of McCormick chili seasoning
1 1/2 cups of white rice
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Salt and pepper
Small to Med crock Pot
1. In Crock Pot add Red Kidney Beans, Great Northern beans, Chili Beans and tomatoes. Turn heat to high.
2. If using a rice cooker start cooking rice about now, otherwise wait till beans and meat are ready to eat then make rice over stove.
3. Brown the hamburger meat in a frying pan. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Half way through cooking poor about a quarter to a half of the chili seasoning into the meat. Stir and blend into meat thoroughly. When meat is no longer pink and cooked well drain excess fat from pan.
4. Add meat to the crock pot and pour in the remainder of the chili seasoning mixture. Let cook until all mixture is very hot (at least an hour if on high).
5. When rice and chili mixture is ready scoop cup full of rice into bowl. Add Chili on top and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
6. Enjoy every bite and come back for more. Makes a great leftover.
When all done this Chili meal can make about 6 to 8 servings.
Substitute ground meat for chicken or turkey.
Take away cheddar cheese for less fattening meal or add different cheese like mozzarella for a different taste.
Try different types of Rice. Jasmine or short grain work wonderfully and brown rice is also a healthier substitute.