- Food and Cooking
A Lasagna Recipe Everyone Will Love! It's Fast And Easy!
Do You Love Lasagna? Then You Will Not want To Miss This Meatball Lasagna!
Yes, you read the title right! This recipe uses meatballs and egg roll wrappers. The ingredients used make this recipe super easy to put together so you are not spending a lot of time in the kitchen! I am all about easy recipes, but they have to taste great or let's face it, i'll never go back to them again. I think this is one of those recipes you will keep handy for all occassions.
Okay, honestly, I was a little skeptical about this dish the first time I tried it. I have never used egg roll wrappers, but I was amazed at how wonderful this lasagna tasted. The egg roll wrappers actually tasted just like lasagna noodles! Also, i have never used meatballs in lasagna before, but sometimes you have to think out of the box and try new things. It’s easy to make and my family loves it. When I make traditional lasagna it is very time consuming, but this is so quick and easy to put together! I know your family will enjoy this dish as much as mine does. You can add a salad and garlic bread to complete your feast!
You can add your own twists to this, sometimes I make my own sauce rather then using the jar or can sauce. I usually add extra cheese and maybe some more spices, my family loves a strong garlic flavor. I don't use specific brands for my ingredients so it is more budget friendly! Don't be afraid to make this recipe your own special way.
- 1 - 15 oz riccotta cheese
- 1 - 8 oz chive and onion cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 - 3 oz package shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 - 26 oz jars pasta sauce
- 1 - 16 oz package egg roll wrappers
- 1 bag italian style meatballs
Putting Together A Yummy Lasagna
- You will need to heat your oven to 350 degrees and you will be using a 13 x 9 baking dish (lightly greased)
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a bowl and add 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and mix. Set this aside for right now.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cut the egg roll wrappers in half lengthwise. arrange 10-12 pieces of the wrappers over the sauce. ( wrappers will overlap)
- Arrange the meatballs over the wrappers and spoon 3 cups of sauce over them. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange 10 – 12 wrapper pieces over this layer and then spread the ricotta mixture on top of the wrappers.
- Top with the remaining wrapper pieces and sauce. Add mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Bake for 50 minutes and then top with the remaining 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and the cup of Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven for 10 minutes then remove and let set for 15 minutes.