- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
A Simple Soup for Time Crunched Nights
- 1 LB Small Beef Chunks, Or Ground Beef
- 1-2 White Onion, Chopped
- 4 Celery Sticks, Chopped
- 3 Carrot Sticks, Chopped
- 5 Small Golden Yellow Potatoes, Small Chunks
- 1 Bag of Corn, Or Can of Corn
- 1 Bag of Peas, Or Can of Peas
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Spicy Chili
- 1 Can Black Beans, Optional
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- Chopped Garlic, To Taste
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Can Green Beans
- In a large soup pot, saute meat with a little bit of olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Once meat is brown on all sides, add in chopped celery, onions, potatoes and carrots. Let these ingredients saute together for about 5 minutes.
- Add water, diced tomatoes,beans and chilli. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat to medium. Add in peas, corn and green beans.
- Bring to a slight boil and then turn down heat to simmer. Add salt/pepper and garlic to taste.
- Let soup simmer for 30 minutes if in a hurry. If not in such a super big hurry let simmer longer. The longer this soup simmers the better it tastes.
How did your soup turn out?!