- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
A-Z Bread Recipe
Rate this recipe
I love breakfast bread. You can give me almost any flavor and I will be your best friend. It's also the only bread I can manage to bake. Yeast is my mortal enemy it seems. I've tried several times to bake a beautiful, golden brown loaf of bread, but I always seem to fall flat, and so does the bread! Then I found breakfast bread. No yeast bread?! Perfection! This recipe is by far my favorite. You can substitute anything you want in the basic batter and it comes out great. I've done banana, sugar free banana, banana/strawberry, blueberry, peppermint/chocolate chip, and cherry, and they were all wonderful.
- 3 cups flour (white or wheat)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. white sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 c. A-Z ingredient (s) see below
- 1 T. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, and baking powder; set aside.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Add oil and sugar to the egg mixture; Cream and mix well then add A-Z ingredients and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until just blended. Spoon the batter into two well greased 9x5x3 loaf pans. Bake for one hour or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- A - Z ingredients include, but are not limited to the following: apples grated, applesauce, apricots chopped, bananas mashed, blueberries, carrots grated, cherries pitted and chopped, chocolate chips, coconut grated, dates chopped, eggplant ground, figs finely chopped, grapes seedless chopped, honey (omit sugar), lemon (only 1/2 c. of juice), mango finely chopped, marmalade or jam (omit 1 c. sugar), mincemeat, oranges chopped, peaches (fresh or canned) chopped, peppermint candy crushed, pears chopped, pineapples crushed and drained, prunes chopped (only 1 cup), pumpkin canned, raisins, raspberries, rhubarb finely chopped, strawberries (fresh or frozen) drained well, sweet potato grated,tapioca cooked, tomatoes (reduce sugar to 1/2 c.), yams cooked and mashed, yogurt (plain or flavored), zucchini ground or grated and drained.