A new taste of Brinjal Curry(eggplant recipes) : King of Indian Cuisines
King of curries: A new taste of eggplant potato curry
Hi, kindly Rate my above spicy, delicious Brinjal Curry
Importance of Brinjal / eggplant Curry | The King of Indian Cuisines
Brinjal is one of the most, I would rather say it is the number one popular dish in our Indian meals.Whether it is, Northern India or Southern India or Bengal or Maharashtra, you won't find any kitchen without some dish of brinjal preparation. It is so adaptive to all kinds of dishes with its delicious taste in various appealing flavours and forms. It matches with both rice meals and wheat meals. This is the great reason for its wide use all over. Further, it is available in all seasons in different shapes and varieties.
Brinjal Curry preparation
Ingredients for eggplant recipe
- 300 grams Brinjal, Big brinjal of purple colour preferable
- 100 grams Potatoes, skin to be peeled off
- 50 grams Onions
- 50 grams Tomatoes
- a small piece ginger, ginger pieces and chilli pieces equal in quantity
- two or three green chillies, depending upon preferable hot taste
- tiny quantities cumin & asafoetida, cumin for flavour & asafoetida for digestion
- one teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon turmeric powder
Step-by-step instructions for brinjal curry preparation
- Cut the brinjal into pieces in a bowl of water as per image instruction.
- Remove the peels of potato with a peeler and the peels of onions with knife and hands.
- Cut potatoes and tomatoes separately into pieces of size equal to or lesser than brinjal pieces.
- Cut onions into smaller pieces. Ginger and green chillies may be cut into very tiny pieces.
- Keep all the ingredients ready at hand near your stove. Keep the cumins and asafoetida also in a lid or tiny plate. A small bunch of Curry leaves may also be added by splitting the leaves with your hands or by slicing them into tiny pieces with a knife.
- Now, light the stove and put your deep cooking pan or vessel on the flame. Add a tablespoonful of cooking oil and let it heat
- Fry the cumin along with asafoetida for 10 seconds and then add the pieces of onion to it. Fry continuously mixing with a spatula till the onion pieces change colour and then add the pieces of ginger, green chilli and curry leaves also and fry for another 10 seconds.
- Now, remove the brinjal pieces from the water and put them into the pan. Fry for one minute continuously mixing with the spatula and then add the tomato and potato pieces and mix them continuously for another two minutes. Add salt and turmeric powder, mix well and put the lid on it. Adjust the flame to prevent it from burning.
- Let it cook on low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning and mixing every 2 minutes with the spatula for a better cooking. When it gets completely cooked remove it from the flame and your recipe is ready for serve now.
Brinjal curry preparation image instructions
Brinjal eggplant recipes preparation video
Brinjal curry Video description
This video describes how to start cooking the recipe and prepare it. After the oil in the pan gets heated, add the cumin and asafoetida to fry. Then add onions pieces to fry. Next, put the ginger and chilli pieces and fry them and add curry leaves also. Then add the brinjal pieces to it and fry for a while. Then add the tomato pieces also and cook for some time. Now, add the potato pieces to it and fry for some time. Add salt and turmeric powder and mix all the ingredients in the pan thoroughly and place the lid on it and let it cook on low flame. Turn and mix every one or two minutes and replace the lid each time. Within five or six minutes it gets well cooked with the help of steam and oil in it. Now your recipe is ready for serve.
Some more hints to make the Brinjal Curry delicious
- Remember that brinjal is always to be cut in the water-filled bowl so that it does not become black while still you are in preparation of your recipe.
- Always try to add ginger while cooking your brinjal recipes to make it a healthy recipe, unless you are adding tamarind juice in cooking.
- Do not add mustard seeds in frying unless you are adding tamarind juice in the recipe.
- Take care that ingredients are not burnt while frying, or when preparing even the whole recipe. Keep turning and mixing very often to avoid burning and also for achieving a delicious taste.
- You can change the quantities of the ingredients a little bit to suit your situations or likings. You will get to know it on your own when you prepare the recipe once or twice.
- You may add extra uncooked pieces of onion and coriander leaves after cooking is complete to make it more delicious and give a good appealing look.
Multipurpose usages of this Brinjal Recipe
- You can get the brinjal curry (eggplant recipe) stuffed in between your slices of bread and enjoy a delicious, spicy taste.
- You can use it as a side dish for your wheat Roti, Chapati or simple non-stuffed Paratha.
- Or else, you can simply take the brinjal recipe curry in a bowl and eat it as it is and get a good satisfaction with a deep burp.
- Eat it mixing in the rice meal adding some ghee or delicious cooking oil for a great entertaining taste.
- There are simply so many options left for you to enjoy its taste and let your visitors also pleased and praise you for serving such a delicious, lovely recipe.
Also view interesting Recipes
View on my HubPages:
How to prepare Sambar Recipe?
Kuzhambu Recipe preparation
Rasam Recipe preparation
and there are many more recipes.
I hope you might have enjoyed my hub and got satisfied with the tips provided by me for the preparation of the brinjal potato curry. Most of you may be aware of this recipe preparation already and some other better dishes than I can't think of. But, I wanted to share this delicious, multi-purpose recipe with you.
Have a nice day and don't hesitate to vote up, if you appreciate my work.