A simple & tasty recipe using potatoes, garlic, peppers, onions and chicken and other basic ingredients?
Chicken in a Skillet
1 pound red potatoes (cut into 1/2 cubes)
2 tsp. vegetable oil
10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts,(cut into 1/2 cubes)
2 cups chopped onions
2 cups red bell pepper,(coarsely chopped)
1 Jalapeno pepper, (seeds removed and chopped fine)
3 large garlic cloves,(chopped fine)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup frozen corn,(thawed)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Place the potatoes in a medium pot, add water to cover. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Continue to simmer for about 10 minutes, just until the potatoes are partially cooked. Drain a off all liquid and set aside.
2.In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil . Add the chicken, onions, bellpepper, and jalapeno peppers. Cook for about 2 minutes over medium to high heat, then add garlic and salt. Continue to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, just until the chicken begins to turn white and the vegetables start to soften.
3. Add the reserved potatoes and corn to the chicken mixture. Continue to cook, stiring frequently for about 5 to 7 minutes. The potatoes at this stage should be brown and crispy.
4.Stir in the chicken broth and bring liquid to a boil. Quickly remove from heat; sprinkle with the cilantro.
- Low Fat Juicy Chicken Recipes
This is one of my favorite recipes. The meat comes out juicy and it melts in your mouth. It is full of flavor and empty of excess sugar and fat. An all around great lunch or supper! Ingredients 4 pk true...
- I Love My Crockpot: Chicken Recipes
As a busy mom I can honestly say I LOVE MY CROCKPOT! I consider myself the queen of one-pot meals, and many of my creations come from my slow cooker. Chicken is a favorite of mine, because it always comes...
- Quick & Easy Microwave Chicken Casserole Recipes
The microwave oven can be used to excellent effect in the preparation of chicken dishes, especially when combined with delicate sauces or other aromatic ingredients such as mushrooms or vegetables. Tip 1:...