- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 packet yeast
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, yeast, and salt well
- Add the water, milk, and honey. Stir until a dough resembling soft playdough forms
- Knead for 3 minutes. Allow dough to rise for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Butter a baking sheet.
- Quickly knead the dough and place on the buttered sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes
Place a bowl or cup of water in the microwave for three minutes on high. Put the dough in the microwave to rise. Do NOT microwave the dough.
For a vegan version, substitute the milk, butter, and honey with soymilk, Earth Balance, and agave nectar or sugar.