All-Time Favorite Club Sandwich Recipe
Looking for a sandwich that will make a statement for a meal or party gathering. Try the classic club sandwich, a toasted bread sandwich loaded with, bacon, turkey, ham, cheeses and topped with lettuce and tomatoes.
The Club would be good with any meat or cheese of your choice, make it your own creation!
The club sandwich is a classic, it has been round for a long time. I remember them back in the 1950s, when I was a young child. Today the club sandwich is still popular and delicious!
- 3 slices bread, toasted, wheat or white
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 slices cheese, American or cheddar
- 4 slices ham, shaved
- 4 slices tomatoes, Sliced
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices Bacon, crisp
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 slices turkey, shaved
- Toast the three slices of bread.
- Next, spread the mayonnaise on one side of one piece of toasted bread. Top with American cheese, turkey, two slices of bacon, two slices of tomatoes and two leaves of lettuce.
- Get the second piece of toast and spread with mayonnaise on one side, put on top with mayonnaise side down.
- Now spread mayonnaise on top of the second piece of toast, top with bacon, Monterey Jack cheese, turkey, two slices tomatoes and two leaves of lettuce.
- Take the third piece of toast spread one side with mayonnaise and put the top with mayonnaise side down.
- Last cut the sandwich diagonally into quarters. To hold the layers together use long toothpicks. Wow, now the best part we are ready to dig in and start eating!
- Enjoy your classic club sandwich. Serves one.
Club Sandwich Made With Two Slices of Bread
Make it Any Way You Desire!
Make it toasted or not, any kind of bread, mayo, mustard, catsup, whatever your little heart desires.
History of the Club Sandwich
The club sandwich is also known as a clubhouse sandwich. It seems the invention of the sandwich could go as far back as 1899. The origin of the sandwich was in the U.S., but there is some debate about the place, but the state was New York.
Sides that are served today are french fries or potato chips.
The club sandwich is not for the weight watcher, it is packed with lots of calories and fat grams, but oh so delicious!