Halwa Recipes: Almond/Badam & Date Halwa
This dish is mainly for sweet lovers. A lovely combination of just Refined flour, butter, almond and sugar will melt in your mouth.And hope you would love it..
- Refined flour ½ cup
- Powder milk ½ cup
- Sugar ½ cup
- Crushed almonds 40 grams
- Almond essence few drops
- Butter 100 grams
- Whole almonds for garnishing
- Lightly fry the whole almonds. Heat a pot and melt butter in it.
- Add refined flour, milk powder, sugar and crushed almonds. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- When the mixture thickens and leaves sides add almond essence. Stir for few minutes and remove from flame.
- Put halwa in a dish and cut into squares.
- Garnish each square with an almond and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Dates 250 grams
- Milk 1 kg
- Kewra 4 tbsp
- Green cardamoms 4
- Gram flour 1 cup
- Sugar ¾ cup
- Clarified butter 1 cup
- Pistachios and almonds for garnishing
- De-seed and mash dates.
- Heat milk in a bowl; add gram flour. Cook till milk dries.
- Grind gram flour in a blender.
- Mix dates and gram flour in a bowl with the help of a fork.
- Heat clarified butter in a wok and fry date mix and cardamoms for 5 minutes, then add sugar.
- Fry for 5 more minutes; add kewra and take out in a dish.
- Serve delicious and nutritious date halwa garnished with almonds and pistachios.