- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Beef Recipes
Let's face it...
...It's been a loooooooong winter.
I know, I know. "But Meri, you're in the coastal Carolinas! What do you have to complain about?"
Not nearly as much as my family and friends in Hoth, that's for sure, but, up until this week, it's definitely still been too cold for my tastes. So what was my solution? Bring my taste buds to a warmer climate - Hawaii!
Of course, I couldn't actually bring myself to Hawaii - that's way beyond my financial abilities - but this Aloha Stirfry definitely brought my tastebuds there for dinner, and at least made me feel a bit warmer inside (though, now that I think about it, that may have been the spices)!
- 1 lb beef, thin-sliced
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup pineapple, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and thin-sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- Bring 2 cups of lightly salted water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice. Stir and cover, reducing heat to low. Cook 20-22 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a wok and add the carrot, onion, broccoli, ginger, and pepper. Stir frequently until soft.
- Add the beef, pineapple, and teriyaki sauce. Stir frequently until everything is coated and fully cooked.
- Reduce heat to low and cover until rice finishes cooking.
- Plate rice first, then add stir-fried meat and vegetables on top.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Carbohydrates 26 g||9%|
|Sugar 12 g|
|Protein 19 g||38%|
|Sodium 577 mg||24%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Looking for lower carbs?
Consider using the broccoli stalk to make riced broccoli instead of using white rice!
What did you think?
© 2018 Meri Parker