Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe!
The Joy of Mug Cakes
There are so many great recipes that can be made in a mug, and chocolate cake is one of them! Chocolate cake is a classic dessert that can be a bit too much work to make after a long day, and a whole cake is usually just too much for just one person. However, mug cakes are a great way to make a quick and easy bit of chocolate cake in an individual serving! Just as I shared my chocolate chip cookie in a mug recipe, I have a richer chocolate mug cake recipe that is just as great!
Chocolate Mug Cake
Ingredients For Your Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips, (to sprinkle on top; optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl. Stir.
- Next, add in the milk, vanilla extract and oil. Stir again.
- Spray a mug with a light mist of cooking spray. Pour the mixture from the small bowl into the mug and microwave for 50 seconds to one minute.
- Watch the mixture carefully while it is cooking in the mug, and remove once the top is just slightly moist looking. Once a toothpick or fork is inserted the level of done-ness will be clear. If the cookie is not done after 30 seconds continue to reheat in ten second increments (be careful not to over-cook!) Enjoy!
- Tips: Sprinkle a few chocolate chips throughout the mix and/or a few on top before microwaving to make this mug cake even more of a chocolate-filled treat! Another great addition to this cake is a few nuts sprinkled on top or within the mix, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top while it's still warm!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|