Amazing Fried Peanut Butter & Jelly with Banana and Cinnamon Cereal Sandwich Recipe
This fried PB & J is absolutely delicious. I usually eat pretty healthy which compliments my working out, but once in a while I NEED to indulge. This sandwich is the perfect way to do it.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ready in: 20 min
Yields: About 4 Servings
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 8 slices pullman loaf or texas bread
- 1 cup raspberry preserves or jelly
- 2 bananas sliced
- 2 cups plain potato chips with ridges
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups cinnamon cereal, crushed by hand in a re-sealable plastic bag
- Spread peanut butter on four slices of bread and raspberry preserves/jelly on the other four slices.
- Add your sliced bananas and chips on top and put the slices of bread together. Repeat as necessary.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Beat the eggs and dip the sandwich in the egg. Then dip the sandwich into the cinnamon cereal. Make sure the cereal adheres by pressing down. Repeat on other side.
- Fry the sandwiches on each side until golden brown. Approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and add more butter to the skillet so you can fry more delicious sandwiches!