- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Amazing Sugar Cookies
Rate this Recipe
My oldest daughter is exploring her options as a young adult and it seems owning her own bakery is the direction she is shooting for. She has tried many cookie recipes and some are better than others.She has tried so many sugar cookie recipes and has been disappointed time and time again. Finally she found one that not only looked good it tasted good so she is finally happy with this creation and has agreed to let me share it.So I hope you all have the same great experience we have with this tasty Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beatened
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter and blend with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- With a fork, stir in lightly beaten egg, vanilla and half-and-half. Blend well with fork, then your hands to ensure thorough blending. Chill dough for one hour for easier rolling.
- if you are not rolling the dough, chill for 15 minutes then skip to next step for baking.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes
- Place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sugar or leave plain for decorating with icing.
- 7. Bake for 6 - 7 minutes, or lightly brown.