- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Amazingly Good Chicken Recipes
I Love Chicken
I repeat, I love chicken. Think about it. What's not to love? It is amazingly versatile. You can fry it, bake it, grill it, boil it, broil it, use it in soups, casseroles, stews, stir frys, and so many other ways it boggles the mind.
I have included some really great chicken recipes for your viewing and using pleasure. Hope you like them.
Dark Meat vs White Meat
The age old question, Which is better for you - dark meat or white meat is a puzzler for some. As for me, I'm for the white meat all the way. Some say it's dried than the dark meat and the dark meat is much juicer. Personally, I just plain like the taste of white meat better.
- An average roasted chicken leg contains 12 grams of fat, 18 grams of protein, and 3 grams of saturated fat.
- An average sized chicken breast has 5 grams of fat, 43 grams of protein, and 1 gram of saturated fat
- . A 3 ounce oven roasted skinless chicken leg has 151 calories
- A 3 ounce piece of oven roasted skinless chicken breast has 142 calories
- Dark meat is richer in riboflavin
- White meat is richer in niacin.
- A 3 oz. serving of baked chicken leg quarter contains 108 calories from fat.
- A 3 oz. serving of baked chicken breasts contains 81 calories from fat.
- A 3 oz serving of baked leg quarter contains 110 mg of cholesterol.
- A 3 oz serving of baked breast contains 80 mg of cholesterol.
- There is 21 grams of protein in baked leg quarter.
- Baked breast contains 26 grams of protein.
- 3 oz of baked chicken leg quarters contains 2%DV iron.
- 3 oz. of baked chicken breast contains 0%DV iron.
All of the nutrition facts for the 3 oz chicken pieces are based on chicken with the skin still attached.
Chicken al la Sue
1 good sized avocado
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp I Can't Believe it's Butter
2 tsp pre-minced garlic
1 cup whipping cream
3 tbsp chicken broth
1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
seasoned salt, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Peel, pit, and thinly slice avocado lengthwise. Place in shallow bowl and pour 3 tbsp of the lemon juice over avocado.
Melt butter over medium heat, add garlic and cook until soft.
Season chicken to taste with seasoned salt.
Add chicken to garlic pan and cook over medium heat until golden brown.
Remove chicken to a baking dish.
Drain lemon juice from avocado and add to garlic pan along with remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice, whipping cream, and chicken broth.
Boil for about 5 minutes over high heat.
Arrange avocado pieces between chicken pieces, pour sauce over both, and sprinkle with paprika and chopped cilantro.
Bake uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce is bubbling.
Note: This dish is great served with a side salad and crusty french rolls.
Make Ahead Chicken
2 to 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
The evening before you plan to bake and eat chicken place it meaty side down in a baking dish.
Mix rest of the ingredients and pour over chicken.
Cover and refrigerate over night.
The next day before baking preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Turn chicken over so the meaty side is up.
Recover and bake for 1 hour.
Remove chicken from oven and baste with sauce in pan.
Place back into oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
Note: Serve with boiled potatoes and a mixed garden vegetable medley.
Chicken Artichoke Bake
2 1/2 - 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 - 2 cups water
1 small jar artichoke hearts, drained
3 tbsp margarine
3 tbsp flour
1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 tsp thyme
Place chicken pieces, seasoned salt and water in a large pan. Make sure the water covers the chicken.
Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Cool chicken in pan. When chicken is cooled save stock.
Place chicken in a large casserole dish and drop in artichoke hearts.
Melt butter and blend in flour until it is smooth.
Gradually add 1 cup of the stock you set aside, simmer, stirring constantly until thick and smooth.
Stir in cheese and let it melt.
Pour sauce over the chicken, sprinkle with bread crumbs and thyme.
Dot chicken with small pieces of butter.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Note: Serve with brown rice and steamed asparagus.
- Healthy Cooking - Oven Fried Crispy Chicken and Delicious Baked Orange Chicken Recipes
- Easy Baked Parmesan Chicken Recipe
A quick, easy and healthy baked parmesan chicken recipe. Like my mom taught me to make.
- Easy Chicken Recipe: Chicken Divan with Broccoli and Carrots
It is a French dish that is easy on the budget, easy to make and healthy, too.
- Easy Roast Chicken Recipe. Rosemary Roast Chicken with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
The herb Rosemary is the perfect accompaniment for roast chicken and potatoes. Read this recipe for tips on how to cook a perfect roast dinner of succulent chicken and tasty, crispy potatoes. The trick for a moist, luscious chicken is to bake in a ba