American Chop Suey
So far I have found American Chop Suey served in only Asian restaurants but not in America. I wonder where the name comes from. Anyway for those of you who love this dish, here is the preparation.
- Noodles 150 grams
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Ginger (chopped) 1 tsp
- Garlic (chopped) 1 tsp
- Onion (finely sliced) 1 tbsp
- Carrot (finely sliced) ¼ cup
- Capsicum (finely sliced) ¼ cup
- Chicken (long strips) ¼ cup
- Vinegar 2 tsp
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Corn flour (dissolved in water) 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup 4 tbsp
- Water ½ cup
- Boil water in a pot; add 1 tsp oil and salt according to taste in a pot and boil noodles.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry boiled noodles in it.
- To make chicken mixture, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok.
- Add chicken, vegetables, onion, garlic and ginger. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the flame and add soya sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar and ½ cup water, and allow to boil.
- Add corn flour to mixture in wok and keep stirring until sauce thickens.
- Pour chicken mixture over noodles and serve hot.