An Easy Berry Dessert Tart Recipe
Easy Berry Dessert -
The summer is almost here, and there's no better way to conclude a warm summer's evening than with a refreshing and easy berry dessert tart. These tarts capture the essence of the summer harvest by featuring fresh berries over an apple mint "whipped cream". Don't be fooled by the wording though. There's not a single drop of dairy in this recipe. It's just fruit on fruit, on pastry. Just the way it should be! In this article, I'll show you the ropes to making these delicious homemade tarts from a few basic ingredients. You'll be surprised by how simple they are to make.
Berry Tart Rating -
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: Two individual 5" Tarts
Please Note - While I have included an egg yolk for the tart dough, it is not necessary. I just figured that if I only needed the egg white for the apple filling that I would also put the yolk to good use. You can do with it as you please.
Tart Dough -
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Tablespoon Water
Mint Apple "Whipped Cream" -
- 1 Apple
- 2 Tablespoons Mint Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 1 Egg White
- Juice of 1/4 Lime
- 1/2 Pint of Fresh Berries
Tart Crust -
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift flour into a bowl and mix in the sugar and salt.
- Cut in the butter and egg yolk with a fork. Add the water and stir the flour mixture until a loose dough forms.
- Portion out the dough into equal amounts and press each one into a tart dish. Cut off any excess dough around the rim.
- Poke holes in the bottom of the dough to prevent bubbling. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- When ready, remove to a cooling rack and allow to come to room temperature.
Assembling the Tarts -
- Finely grate your apples. The finer texture you can achieve, the better the results. Once grated, add to a bowl and squeeze over the lime juice to prevent browning.
- In a mortar, blend the mint leaves with the sugar until a green paste forms. Add this to the apple mixture and give it a good stir.
- Finally add your egg white and begin beating. By hand, in a glass bowl, I was able to achieve decent soft peaks. With a copper bottom bowl and machine mixer, you can achieve much stiffer peaks for a more firm textured apple cream.
- Spoon the apple mint foam into the cooled pastry cups and garnish with fresh berries and a few mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Fresh raspberries on a fluffy pillow of mint apple goodness. Tasty stuff my friends!
This easy berry dessert tart recipe is a true salute to summer, and an absolute delight to eat! I hope that you'll enjoy this recipe as much as I already have. Thank you for reading my article, I appreciate your view!