An Easy Recipe To Make Indian Style Chicken Semi Gravy
Spicy indian chicken gravy
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Ready in: 35 min
Yields: Serves 5 people
- 1 kg chicken pieces(thoroughly washed), chopped into medium sized pieces
- 2 cups onions, cut into very small pieces
- 2 tea spoons coriander powder
- red chilli powder
- canned coconut milk
- 2 ansi c seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom
- curry leaves
- garlic paste
- turmeric powder
- Take 1 cup of onion and grind it along with coconut milk(quantity depends on how much gravy u need) to make it into a thick liquid paste.
- Take a bowl. Add the chicken pieces, garlic paste,turmeric powder,coriander powder, some chilli powder, salt and mix it with your hands. Keep it aside.
- Light the stove and keep a frying pan on it. Add some oil and wait for it to heat well. Now add some mustard seeds and the remaining cup of onions , curry leaves and fry it till it turns into golden colour. Keep stirring it. Add the thick liquid paste into the pan and keep stirring for 5mins.
- Pour half a cup of water into the pan.Now add the chicken pieces, 2 cardamom,1 cinnamon stick and 2 ansi c seeds into the frying pan and keep stirring.
- Cook the chicken pieces in high flame.Keep stirring the mixture so that the flavour is absorbed equally by all the pieces. Slowly the liquid will start turning into semi gravy. Taste the mixture and add more red chilli powder and turmeric powder for the colour and spiciness if required.
- Serve the gravy with hot parathas or basmati rice.