- Food and Cooking
An Easy Recipe for Gazpacho
Given that my family and I currently reside in Miami, I’ve discovered that summer cooking can be a bit of a challenge. It’s too hot and humid to grill outside (that or the bugs and daily thunderstorms make outdoor cooking not only unreliable but totally unpleasant) and because the weather is so warm, we tend to crave cold dishes. This renders most of our usual fare wholly unappealing, with one notable exception: gazpacho.
As a vegetarian, I love that gazpacho is loaded with healthy vegetables. While traditional gazpacho recipes can require a lot of work dicing and seeding tomatoes, this recipe, using canned tomatoes, is simple and takes no more than ten minutes to prepare, and I guarantee you won’t notice the difference. Enjoy this delicious recipe!
- 2 (14.5 ounce cans) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 large cucumber, diced and seeded
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalepeno, diced and seeded
- 2/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 TBS garlic, minced
- 2 TBS cilantro, chopped
- 2 TBS Red wine vinegar
- to taste Salt and pepper
- In a blender mix 1/2 can of tomatos with 1/2 cup water and olive oil until its pureed. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and refrigerate until ready to eat