- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
An Easy and Healthy Faux Ice Cream Recipe
Living a Healthy lifestyle Never Tasted so Good!
My family and I desire to live a healthy and natural lifestyle by buying natural products and preparing all of our meals inside the home. Even though we are natural consumers, this does not make us immune to sudden sweet tooth cravings. Like most people, we still have the desire to eat sweet and delicious treats, but unlike most people, we make wiser, well thought out, healthier choices while preparing our own treats at home.
My young daughter and I love creemees (soft serve ice cream) during the warm, sunny summer days here in Vermont, but consuming a cone per day would not be conducive to the healthy lifestyle we live by on a daily basis. So instead of purchasing extremely expensive ice cream cones, my daughter and I spend quality time together in the comfort of our own kitchen while making our own easy, inexpensive, deliciously desirable version of our beloved creemee.
Our recipe only has two main ingredients and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare! Our recipe is perfect for anyone who desires to eat healthy, while still having the opportunity to curb sweet cravings.
Plus, with this recipe there is no need for an ice cream maker, and is perfect for little helpers to learn how to prepare and consume healthy treats so they too can grow to lead a healthy lifestyle of their own!
- 3 medium Frozen Bananas
- 1 scopp Protein Powder, (I use unsweetened whey)
- 1 tbsp Water
- Peel and chop the frozen bananas (freeze the bananas the night before)
- Place the frozen banana slices in the food processor. Zip on high for about 30 seconds.
- Add a tbsp of water with 1 scoop of desired protein powder.
- Zip together until smooth.
- If desired one can add cinnamon, unsweetened coconut, or any other addition ingredients to make the faux ice cream special.
- Once the faux ice cream is smooth, place into a plastic (freezer safe container) and place in the freezer until it reaches the desired texture (This step is optional, the faux ice cream resembles soft serve straight out of the food processor).
- Scoop the faux ice cream into the preferred serving dish (this recipe is so healthy once can even put it in a cone if desired), and enjoy!
|Serving size: 100g|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 21 g||7%|
|Sugar 11 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 17 mg||6%|
|Sodium 11 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Nutritional facts may vary depending on the type of protein powder used.
Nutritional facts may vary if any additional ingredients or toppings are used.
All sugar content occurs naturally due to the bananas (bananas are a high sugar fruit).