- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
An Illustrated Guide to a Sesame Cracker
Gluten free sesame crackers recipe
Sesame Flaxy Chia Snap!
Is there another way to say this, gluten free… wheatless? celiacly? Alright ,that is just what it is called.
Here are some delicious crackers even if they have such an inelegant designation. High in fibre, good fats, packed with nutrition these crackers are just the thing with cheese or jam.
- 1 cup flax seed gold or dark, ground
- 1 tbsp potato flou
- 1/4 cup chia seed, ground
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cup water
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp flakey salt, to sprinkle on top
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds, to sprinkle on top
- Grind the flax and chia seed in a small coffee type grinder, in batches, because 1 cup of flax seeds does not fit into the small grinder. Put them into a four cup measuring cup. Add salt. Add the water and sprinkle the potato flour, while stirring. The potato flour tends to clump up. Leave this mixture to gel up for 10 minutes. Pour in tahini and mix well. Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pour the batter onto the parchment paper and smooth out to an even thickness. Sprinkle with salt and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the batter is firm enough to cut into squares. It will have puffed up a bit. Return to oven for 45-55 minutes, until the squares are separating and dry. Separate the crackers and bake until they are all dry. 15 minutes. I look forward to your comments and additions!
Murray River pink flakey salt
- murray river pink flake sea salt - 1.0 lb: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
murray river pink flake sea salt - 1.0 lb: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
- Potato Flour, 1 lb.: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
Potato Flour, 1 lb.: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food