Another Apple Salad
An Apple A Day
One of my favorite things to do is create low-budget snacks and meals because I love challenges. We all know that “Apples” are very good for us and most children love them. I use to make this Apple Salad all of the time when my brother and sister lived at home. I have called it several things throughout the years but for the sake of this article, I will just call it “Another Apple Salad"
Apples are in the Rose family (Rosaceae) and is one of the most widely cultivated tree fruits that are used my humans. The apple tree originated in Western Asia and there are more than 7.500 known cultivars. At least 55 million tons of apples were grown worldwide in 2005 with a value of over $10 Billion Dollars.
- 3- Honey Crisp Apples, cubed into small pieces
- 1 Cup Golden Raisins
- 1 Cup Walnuts, Chopped finely
- 1 Container Low Fat Cool Whip
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Ginger Snap Cookies, (optional)
- Prep time: 30 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: Chill for about 2 hours
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. You may want to increase the spice amounts to your tasting. Unfortunately, I am the worst at measuring things when I cook. After you mix it, taste it and use your judgement about the spices. Chill for a couple of hours.
- ** There is something about the ginger-snaps that just adds to the flavor. **When I made this salad/dip pretty regularity I would always stock up on apples when I caught them on sale. Remember there are a TON of things you can do with them, and they will last a good while in the refrigerator- especially Granny Smith Apples.
- **Try to purchase nuts when they are sale and keep them in the freezer and they will last longer. I usually purchase them during autumn when they have all of the baking stuff displayed at the stores, bring them home and freeze them. That way when I want to add nuts to a recipe I just pull them out of the freezer. I have found they stay even fresher when you put them into mason jars and than freeze.
Other Apple Recipes you may life
- Easy Apple Recipes: Delicious Apple Filled Croissant...
This apple recipe is so easy to prepare - Simple croissants kid's love to make! Use either puff or shortcrust pastry. Fill with apples!
- Baked Apple Recipe with Delicious Fruit Mincemeat
Baked apple recipe with fruit mincemeat. A perfect pudding for winter months. very easy to make!
- Apple Recipes from New Orleans
New Orleans recipes for fall favorites including apple pie, cobbler, applesauce cake and baked apples plus stories about fall in New Orleans in the fifties and sixties.
- Healthy Sweet Potato and Apple Recipe - light and de...
I love this recipe because it is a healthy sweet potato recipe that is also delicious and - well - sweet! But the good news is that there is NO SUGAR added. How does that happen? You can use the sweetness and fragrance of apples to make the recipe...
- 20 Apple Recipes--What to Do With So Many Apples?
Have you ever gone apple picking and realized, only too late, that you brought home way too many apples? Here are 20 of my favorite recipes, perfect for using up surplus apples.
What is your take on apples?
Apple Chicken Salad (SO GOOD)
Some of my other Recipes
- Chocolate Cookies with a Twist
You can still have sweets if eaten in moderation, all you have to do is a little tweaking to the recipe, be decipline and only have a little. Depriving yourself can cause harm and break your goal.
- Italian Pizza
I have not heard of very many people who do not like pizza of some kind. Being with my Italian grandmother in the kitchen while she was making pizza's was amazing. Pizza's can be made into any shape, size, savory or sweet, the only thing that limits
- Pumpkin Dream Pie
The moment Autumn arrives I am ready to start baking. The first two ingredients that always come to mind are apples and pumpkins. This is an easy delicious pumpkin pie recipe I know you will enjoy.
- Homemade Lasagna
Do you love homemade Lasagna? This is a page how I make mine plus I added a few other suggestions.
- Pumpkin Cake Supreme
Autumn is the perfect time to bake a lot of goodies from your years harvest. Pumpkins is one of the most favorite things to work with because you can use it for desserts or savory dishes.
- Making Homemade Applebutter
If you are looking for great gift ideas, recipes that are cooked from the heart says it all. This is a great recipe that can be enjoyed all year long. All you need to do is diced your apples, add the spices and turn on your crock pot.