- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Apple And Oat Bran Muffins - Healthy Breakfast
Breakfast can set the tone for your whole day. If you are dieting, this means you should probably start it healthy. These apple and oat bran muffins are extremely healthy for you, and they are easy to make as well. This is a baking recipe and should probably be prepared the night before so you can just relax and enjoy in the morning. A stress free kitchen is after all the best kind of kitchen. Just be sure that you hide all of these because if you have children, they might try to take all of them up to their rooms when you aren't looking for a midnight snack. The refrigerator probably isn't the best place to hide them.
Delicious apples and oats baked all into one muffin. Great for breakfast or dessert and it is very healthy as well. This is something I'm sure many people will enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3/4 cup shredded, peeled apple
- nonstick spray coating
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk, egg whites, and oil. Add to dry ingredients; stir just till moistened. Stir in shredded apple. Store batter, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To bake, spray muffin cups with nonstick spray coating. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.
124 calories, 4 g protein, 22 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 1 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 162 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!