- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Fruit Ingredients
Apple Carrot Muffins
Apples are in the Rose family (Rosaceae) and is one of the most widely cultivated tree fruits that are used my humans. The apple tree originated in Western Asia and there are more than 7.500 known cultivars. At least 55 million tons of apples were grown worldwide in 2005 with a value of over $10 Billion Dollars. The United States is the second leading producer of apples with more than 7.5% of world production, whereas China produces 35%.
Research has suggested that apples may reduce the risk of many different kinds of cancers. They contain a small amount of Vitamin C but are rich in antioxidant compounds. Some studies have shown that apples may also help with heart disease. They do not have any cholesterol and they are bulky for their caloric content. Apple seeds are mildly poisonous, containing a small amount of amygdaline a cyancogenic glycoside. There is not enough to be dangerous to human's but can deter birds.
I have always associated apples with Autumn. It seems like the apples are a little sweeter, a little crisper and bigger in size. Just the right kind of apples that are fantastic to use for caramel apples for Halloween.
- 2 Apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/4 cup Flour or low carb mix
- 1/4 cup Flax Seed Mill
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal, grind into a powder
- 1/4 cup Organic unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup Almond Milk
- 1 cup or less Sweetner-Triva-Brown Sugar Blend is Good
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 3 Egg whites, whipped
- 3 teaspoons Low sodium baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Organic cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
Low Carb Baking Mix
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Ready in: 50 min
- Yields: 12
- I put my apples and carrots into a food processor and chop them fine. But you like chunks of fruit.. chop or shred the carrots and cut the apples into small cubes.
- Mix all the dry ingredient together. In a separate bowl mix all of your wet ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredient to the wet in batches. Be careful not to over mix because it will make your cupcakes tough. Place paper cups into your muffin pan and I lightly spray the paper cups to make sure the cupcakes do not stick.
- Fill the cups 3/4 full, bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. After the cupcakes cool, you can lightly frosting them with a vanilla or cream cheese frosting.
Some of my other recipes you may enjoy
- Chocolate Cookies with a Twist
You can still have sweets if eaten in moderation, all you have to do is a little tweaking to the recipe, be decipline and only have a little. Depriving yourself can cause harm and break your goal.
- Italian Pizza
I have not heard of very many people who do not like pizza of some kind. Being with my Italian grandmother in the kitchen while she was making pizza's was amazing. Pizza's can be made into any shape, size, savory or sweet, the only thing that limits
- Pumpkin Dream Pie
The moment Autumn arrives I am ready to start baking. The first two ingredients that always come to mind are apples and pumpkins. This is an easy delicious pumpkin pie recipe I know you will enjoy.
- Homemade Lasagna
Do you love homemade Lasagna? This is a page how I make mine plus I added a few other suggestions.
- Pumpkin Cake Supreme
Autumn is the perfect time to bake a lot of goodies from your years harvest. Pumpkins is one of the most favorite things to work with because you can use it for desserts or savory dishes.
- Making Homemade Applebutter
If you are looking for great gift ideas, recipes that are cooked from the heart says it all. This is a great recipe that can be enjoyed all year long. All you need to do is diced your apples, add the spices and turn on your crock pot.
- WhiteOak's Halloween Goodies
There is nothing more enjoyable to bring out the
Before I got my little furry child, I did a lot of research online about the best natural foods and snacks I could give to her... During my research, I found that an excellent treat for dogs is carrots and apples. So every day when I have my salad, Sweetie has her small amount of carrots and apples too.
© 2015 Eva Thomas