- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
3 apples, Granny Smith work well
1 loaf of French Bread
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 can of evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees when ready to bake. This recipe does need to be refrigerated for several hours so make time for that when making.
2. Peel, core and slice apples and scatter on the bottom of a 9x13 backing pan.
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar.
4. Slice the french bread into about 8 slices, enough to cover the apples. I like thick slices about an inch thick.
5. Beat eggs, evaporated milk, milk and vanilla extract together and pour over bread. I pour over each piece to saturate the bread as bast as possible. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
6. Bake at 375 for about 30 to 45 minutes until egg mixture is no longer runny.
Serve with syrup and enjoy. This is a great dish for making the night before Christmas aas a make ahead meal so you can toss it int he oven and when everyone is done opening presents it is ready.