Apple Crumble Recipe
- 6 Apples, Peeled and Sliced
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 Teaspoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Pour the sliced and peeled apples into a greased baking dish.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, and then sprinkle liberally over the apples.
- Add 2 teaspoons of butter.
- Mix the remaining 4 teaspoons of butter with the brown sugar.
- Mix rolled oats and flour into the butter and brown sugar mixture.
- Take the combined mixtures and pour over apples.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for approximately 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Apple crumble is best served warm with vanilla ice cream on top, but can also be served alone either warm or cold. While similar to apple pie, it really doesn't take as much effort to make, and you don't have to be careful while serving (after all, it's supposed to crumble).
More dessert recipes: