I rarely create recipes from scratch, the lack of time and ingredients stop me. Fortunately this time I had plenty of both.
My uncle just brought 10kg of freshly picked apples from his orchard and the weather was starting to deteriorate, it was at the beginning of last december just before the first snowstorm. And since all the planets were aligned and I ran out of apple souce, apple pie and aplle chhutney recipes I decided to try something new that turned out to be amazing.
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 slices Celery root
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1kg Apples
- 1-2 Chillies
- 200g Vegetables frsh/frozen
- Cut the medium sized onion in cubes
- Crush the chillies. I preffer my food a bit more spicy then the average person, I used 3 chillies, I would recomand using one and if you are still ok with the feel at the end you may add the others and cover the pot with the lid.
- Put the butter, onions and chilly powder in to the pot, stirr constantly to prevent the onions from burning. Add 250ml water once the onion start to become golden.
- Cut the celery slices in cubes and add them in the boiling watter. I preffer the root instead of leafs for this recipe for a more earthy taste.
- Add the vegetables, I know the instrutions are a little vague, but it depends on you, what king of vegetables you like. I used carrots, peas and some potatoes. Bring them to a boil, once the carrots are soft enough to stick the forck through them, go to step 5.
- Cut the apples in eaven peaces, I recommend cubes. Bring the whole pot to a boil and let it boil untill all the frutis and vegetables are done
- Once all the components are boiled, take the pot off the heat add salt to your taste and cover the pot.
You may turn it in to a cream or leave it a plain soup. If the soup is too spicy for you you can add a spon of yogurt in your dish to cut it down a bit.