- Food and Cooking
Applebee's Restaurant - Asian Crunch Salad Recipe
This restaurant copycat recipe for Applebee's Asian Crunch Salad is part of the new under 550 calories menu.It sells for $8.99 but you can make it at home for a lot less. It contains a grilled chicken breast served over a bed of salad greens with onions, roasted red pepper, cucumbers and sugar snap peas, sliced almonds and cilantro with an Asian vinaigrette.
Applebee's Oriental Dressing Low Fat
Meat and Marinade
2 cups water
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Dole Asian Crunch Salad Kit
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup Teriyaki marinade
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
roasted red pepper from a jar, to taste
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
This kit includes:
- Romaine Lettuce
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Green Cabbage
- Red Cabbage
- Snow Peas
- Dried Pineapple
- Sliced Almonds
- Crisp Noodles
- Sesame Ginger Salad Dressing(An original blend made exclusively for Dole)
All the ingredients in the kit are all natural.
Make the Salad Dressing
- You can use the dressing in the kit or make your own by combining the ingredients in the list.
Marinate the Chicken
- Combine the Teriyaki sauce and the chicken in a resealable plastic bag.
- Mix the marinade and seal the bag.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Grill the Chicken
- Heat a George Foreman indoor grill.
- Cook the chicken until completely done.
- Remove to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes to seal in the juices.
Build the Salad
- Divide the contents of the salad kit onto two large plates.
- Add the other sliced vegetables.
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts and place on top of the salad.
- Serve the dressing on the side.
- You can substitute the Teriyaki sauce marinade for any Asian flavored salad dressing or just grill plain chicken.
- Any left over salad can be folded into a whole wheat burrito for a sandwich roll up.