Applebee's Restaurant - Paradise Chicken Salad Recipe
This restaurant copycat recipe for Applebee's Paradise Chicken Salad is part of the new under 550 calories menu. It features fresh greens with mandarin oranges, pine apple, and apple topped with a pice de gallo and a blackened grilled chicken breast. Most of these premium dinner salads cost almost $10. Make it at home and save money and impress your family and friends.
Pico de Gallo
Meat and Seasoning
1 cup romaine lettuce
1 teaspoon salt
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup red cabbage, sliced
6 medium Roma tomatoes
Grill Mates Chicken Rub
1/4 medium apple, diced
1/2 medium white onion
1/2 cup Mandarin oranges
1 Tablespoon sliced jalepeno peppers
1/4 cup pineapple chunks
1/2 teaspoon bahanero peppers
1/2 cup cilantro
balsamic vinegar dressing
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Make the Pico de Gallo
- Dice the tomatoes, onion, peppers.
- Chop the cilantro.
- Mix these ingredients and everything else in a medium bowl. Salt to taste.
Grill the Chicken
- Heat a George Foreman indoor grill.
- Use the Grill Mates rub generously on both side of the chicken.
- Cook until done.
Build the Salad
- Add the lettuce and top it with the fruits and pico de gallo.
- Slice the chicken into 1/4 inch slices and lay on top of the salad.
- Serve with a light balsamic vinaigrette on the side.
- Remove from the grill onto a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- You may substitute any seasoning rub you like on the chicken and it will not add any calories.
- Any left over salad can be made into a sandwich wrap by using whole wheat tortillas.