Apples Roses Muffin Recipe
During festivities this delicious small dessert is always a great addition.
It's cute, elegant, easy to make, tasty and you can have fun with many filling variations.
You can also have fun mixing the different kind of apples and the colors too.
For example yellow apple in the center and red apple on the outside make a really nice shade.
- corer / carving spoon
Ingredients for 7 Apples Roses
- 2 apples
- 1/2 lemon, (juice)
- 2 tbl spoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbl spoon fruit jam of your choice, (or honey)
- 2 tbl spoon water
- some flour, for the table
- some butter, for the cooking pan and optionally the cooking paper slices
- some icing sugar, for decoration
- 1 pack puff pastry, (if you don't want to make your own)
Pre heat the oven at 180°C - 356 °F (th. 6) and don't use too much butter in the cooking paper slices.
- Put some water in a saucepan with the sugar and bring to a boil. Enough to be able to dive all the apples slices.
- Wash and cut the apples in half, remove the core, the stem and calyx with a knife or a corer (which is the rounded tool in the upper photo).
- Segments the apples into very thin slices. If they will not be enough thin, they cannot be bent and will break easily when you'll try to make your roses.
3. Add lemon to the saucepan and place the sliced apples in the water for a while until they can be folded without breaking. (3-5 minutes)
4. Gently drag the apples out with a skimmer and drain them in a colander and set them aside. Be careful not to break them or you'll have a hard time creating nice petals.
(if you want) Don't throw away the water you used to boil the apple's slices because it will be used to wet the pastry later, since it has sugar and lemon so it's more tasty than normal water.
5. Stretch the dough until it is very slim, almost transparent then cut it in rectangles.
6. If you like the fruit jam filling, mix 2 tbsp of water with 3 tbsp of fruit jam and cinnamon together (I've used apricot jam in the following photo).
If you prefer you can heat it a bit in order to melt it a little more and spread it more easily.
If you don't like the fruit jam you can use honey instead, or chocolate, or cream, or custard. Leaving the dough without any filling will ends up in a very delicate apples roses muffin, but it will lose a bit of its scent.
Instead chantilly cream is not an happy variation, at least in my opinion. If you are brave enough you can try it!
For the honey filling mix 1 tbsp of water with 2 tbsp of honey.
For the chocolate filling you can either mix 1 tbsp of water with 2 tbsp of chocolate cream or else you can bake the chocolate bars in a water bath.
7. Spread some jam on a strip of dough, making sure to leave a little space on the side edges.
8. Place the sliced apple on the upper edge of the dough making sure that one is in the middle of the previous. In this way you'll have a better result once it is baked.
9. Wet the side of the dough strip and bend it in half pressing a bit in order to seal it well. Wet the internal part of the dough.
10. Bend the empty dough on the first sliced apple and then gently roll it on itself.
11. Seal the end of the dough with water and place it on a muffin pan. If you don't have it you can also put it on a buttered pan or a pan covered by cooking paper.
(12.) grab a piece of cooking paper and bend it in 3. Turn the edges on the outside and butter it a bit. Seal it around the apples rose muffin leaving a bit of space around it to let it dough proof while in the oven.
Don't use too much butter or the dough will never cook, but instead it will melt down.
13. Bake it at 180°C - 356 °F (th. 6) for 20-25 minutes.
Spread some icing sugar and serve them warm.
They are great both served hot or not. But be careful not to keep them for more than 3 days, else they will not taste good anymore.
If you notice that the apples are caramelizing but the dough it not yet cooked, lower the temperature of the oven and place the pan more on the bottom.
You can have fun mixing all the kind of apples.
Be careful because floury apples are cooked more quickly than the other. So red apples tend to be able to be bended in 2-3 minutes instead yellow apples need 4-5 minutes.
It also depends on the brand of the apple, not just its colour.
Showing Your Love for Apples
Which Version Do You Prefer?
Other Apples Recipe from Mickji
If you want to learn another cooking recipe like this one, you can check the HubPages article "Apples Cake Recipe without cinnamon" at this link:
Thank You for Reading This Hub
I also invite you to tell me everything you are thinking about, because I wish to know feedbacks and opinions of every one! ^^ .
© 2016 Mickji