- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Applesauce with Cider Spices in a Slow Cooker
Assembling the ingredients!
Mixing everything together.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 2 hours
Ready in: 2 hours 15 min
Yields: 3-4 cups of cooked applesauce
- 5 Apples, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons Brown sugar, packed, either light or dark
- 1-2 Tablespoons Cider mix/Mulling spices
- Peel, core, and slice the apples. Cut into larger chunks if you like more texture in your applesauce or smaller ones if you prefer smoother applesauce.
- Mix the apples with ~1/2 cup of water, the brown sugar, and the cider mix. If your cider mix includes sugar in it or your apples are very, very sweet, cut back on the sugar amounts. I usually do about 1.5 T of cider mix (with sugar) to 1.5 T of dark brown sugar.
- Let cook on high in your slow cooker for approximately 2 hours. Once the apples are tender enough to your liking, either mash in the slow cooker with a potato masher (don't use metal utensils for this, or you might scratch your ceramic!), blend with an immersion blender, or blend in a food processor/blender (be careful as the mixture will be hot!)
All that's left is leaving it alone for 2 hours.
|Serving size: ~1 cup |
|Calories ||120 |
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 32 g||11%|
|Sugar 26 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|