- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Fruit Ingredients
Recipe: Apricot Clafoutis
Like it? Rate it!
Clafoutis [sometimes spelled clafouti] is a popular French dessert, traditionally made with cherries suspended in a pancake-like batter and baked.
This version uses fresh, plump apricots instead, and it is simply divine.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 7 to 10 apricots, fresh
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Wash, halve, and deseed apricots.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar, salt. Add 2 eggs, 3/4 cup milk, 4 tablespoons oil. Mix until smooth.
- Grease a 9-inch pie pan and lay apricots evenly on bottom. Pour batter over them.
- Bake for around 50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown, and a knife comes out clean.
- Dust top with sugar. Serve.
Select 7 to 10 sweet, ripe apricots. Wash them, slice in half, and remove the seeds. Cut off any bad spots.
Mix up the batter. Dry ingredients first - 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix them together. Add 2 eggs, 3/4 cup milk, 4 tablespoons oil. Mix until smooth.
Grease a 9-inch pie pan, and arrange the apricot halves on the bottom.
Pour the batter over the apricots and bake in a 350F oven for around 50 minutes, or until top is golden brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
When done, dust the top with around 1 tablespoon of sugar, slice, and serve.