Arizona Pecan Chocolate Rum Pie
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Lard, (Chilled)
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 3 Eggs, (Lightly Beaten)
- 1 1/2 Ounce Chocolate, (Unsweetened)
- 3/4 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Rum
- 1 1/4 Cup Pecans, (Chopped)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and mix your Salt into the Flour and cut the Lard into it one bowl and measure in about 1 tablespoon of the eggs into another small bowl and put the rest to the side. Add in water and Vinegar with the Eggs and slowly combine it with the Flour and Lard mixture until it forms a dough.
- Flour a surface area and roll out your dough into a 11-inch circle and place it in a 9-inch pie pan, refrigerating it for a couple hours or freeze it to prevent shrinkage.
- Next melt your Chocolate and Butter in a saucepan and set aside. In the Eggs (that you have remaining from before), add in the Dark Corn Syrup and Sugar. After you mix them you can now add in your Chocolate and Butter, Vanilla, Rum and Chopped Pecans. Mix together well and pour into your Pie Shell.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until it sets. (The pie filling will rise and fall.) Once cooled or still slightly warm, what your preference it's officially ready to eat! Enjoy this Arizona Dessert! :)