- Food and Cooking
Armenian Recipe - Tahini ROLLS - Tahini Bread
Armenian cuisine is very well known around the world. It always differs in taste, colour and simplicity. It is said that today's Armenian dishes have roots very deep in history and some of those roots can be traced to Noah himself, as the Arc of Noah landed on the Mountain Ararat, which was and is the national symbol of the country for many centuries long before the invasion of Turk Hordes, long before the creation of Ottoman Empire.
Enjoy the Recipe
Rate this recipes
Ingredients for filling
- Ingredients for the filling
- 125 gr grated walnuts
- 60 gr currants
- 600 gr tahini
- 100gr sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of clove powder
Ingredients for dough
- 455gr flour
- 100gr sugar
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- 180ml lukewarm water
- 40gr fresh yeast
- 1pinch salt
- 1medium eggs
Inredients for Covering of Tahini Roll
- 2 egg yolk beaten with a bit of water
- 60 gr sesame
Few Tips - Optional
- You can give any shape you prefer.
- Baking at higher temperature will require creating steam in the oven.
- When baking at high temperature changing the position in oven is extremely critical.
- You also can add syrup previously made with (honey, lemon and cinnamon water) once roll are ready.
- Cold syrup - hot rolls, or the opposite cold rolls hot syrup ( this technique is used in Constantinople recipes )
Instructions to Make Armenian Tahini Roll
- Prepare dough: Place the flour on the table and create a hole in the middle. Pour the lukewarm water in the hole and stir with a spoon, while adding slowly the sugar, the olive oil, the fresh yeast-previously dissolved with a bit water- the egg and the salt.
- Work the dough until it is ready. Then cover it with a towel and let it rest in a warm place for 1h and 30 min.
- Filling: In a bowl put the sugar with the tahini. Stir well with a spoon.
- In another bowl, place the grated walnuts, the currants, the cinnamon and the clove.
- Knead the dough in a slightly floured surface and separate it into 3 pieces.
- With a rolling pin flatten each piece into a thin dough sheet. Cut the phyllo (sheet) into 12x15 cm slices .
- Use teaspoon to place the filling on each slice. Be careful not to cover the two edges of the slice. Sprinkle with the walnut mixture one edge.
- Shape every piece into roll and give to each roll the shape of snail (optional). Apply a layer of egg yolk or brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with sesame and bake them in a preheated oven at 170C for 20 min until the reddish colour.
- How To Remove Evil Eye - What is Evil Eye
Removing Evil Eye has been done for many centuries. Evil Eye is actually a curse that must be cured immediately to avoid health problems. Find out how to Cure Evil Eye and Get Rid of it today.
- Armenian Recipe - Traditional Gata
Traditional Armenian Recipe of delicious dessert called GATA. It has been prepared for many centuries especially for Weddings. This sweet pastry is associated with happiness and prosperity. Enjoy
- Armenian recipe - Bread Matnakash
This Armenian recipe for traditional bread called Matnakash. It was baked for many centuries by native Armenians. It is easy to bake in oven. You will be surprised how tasty and soft it is. Enjoy
- Khashlama - Armenian Food Recipe
Bellow you can find an authentic armenian recipe of the dish called Khashlama. The dish has been prepared by Armenians for centuries, since the Arch of Noah reached the mountain Ararat. EASY AND TASTY
- Flat Bread Recipe - Traditional Armenian Lavash
Recipe that I have prepared today is Authentic Traditional Flatbread Recipe of Armenia. If you are familiar how Lavash is being baked , you will be pleased with my home baking method. Check this out.