Arrowroot powder health benefits, preparation, where to buy arrowroot powder? Is arrowroot flour a starch?
Arrowroot powder, its nutritional benefits, recipes, therapeutic importance and recipes
What is arrowroot
Many are the health benefits of arrowroot. Arrowroot flour is a white fine powder that would amazingly melt and dissolve in water. Even though we know that arrowroot flour is prepared from the roots of arrowroot plant, we are not aware how this fine powder is extracted from the watery root. I have seen arrowroot flour preparation from arrowroot plant.
Arrowroot powder is prepared from the root in a typical extraction method. I would explain the different steps of arrowroot powder preparation
The root of the arrowroot plant is only useful for flour extraction. Arrowroot plant is grown in arid areas and uncultivated land. In rural areas of Kerala you can see arrowroot plant. This is a short plant with long leaves like ginger. The plant resembles the leaves of ginger. The root also resembles ginger root.
Yet another body cooling root to make a drink
How is arrowroot powder prepared from root - Arrowroot powder extraction
1. Root is taken out, separated from stem, and washed well. Now root is rubbed against a coarse surface so that it gets grinded. In rural India, the root is rubbed in a perforated tin sheet and the paste is collected.
2. Now the paste is put into a big jar of water and stirred well. Now the mixture is allowed to pass through a cloth so that the bigger particles are removed. The water collected after separating the particles would be milky with arrowroot essence contained in it. Now the solution is kept as such (without stirring) for 1 day. The solution should be kept undisturbed.
3. The essence of the arrowroot will settle at the bottom of the jar. Powder at the bottom, with water above the powder. The water above the powder should be removed. Now the powder remains. But this powder is not the purified form.
4. Water should be added to the powder and again stirred and kept for another day. This mixture should be kept for another day. After 1 day water should be removed and powder should be kept. This process of adding water, stirring and separating the powder, is repeated 4 times.
5. The final powder would be pure and white. The powder would be fine, soft and of sparkling white color. Powder should be dried well for eliminating all water content. After keeping in sun for 2 days, fine arrowroot powder would be obtained.
Arrowroot powder is so pure and fresh that it will never get spoiled. It can be kept for many years. It remains edible and fresh for several years.
Where to buy arrowroot powder?
In India arrowroot powder is available in medical shops. However I testify that arrowroot powder found in medical stores is not so original. I am testifying because I have used the original home-made arrowroot powder. If possible, buy arrowroot from rural India, especially from Kerala. Buy home-made arrowroot powder. If this is not possible for you, buy from medical shops, no other way.
Arrowroot powder porridge
For excessive body heat and diarrhoea have arrowroot porridge. Take a spoonful of arrowroot and mix in 50 ml of water. Stir well. Now boil water in a pan and add the arrowroot mix to it. Cook for 2 minutes. Pour milk if you wish. Add sugar. Arrowroot porridge is ready.
Arrowroot porridge with jiggery and coconut
The same recipe I explained above. But add jiggery (sarkkara) instead of sugar. Karippetti, panamsarkara or palm sugar can also be added. For improving taste add shredded coconut to the porridge.
Arrowroot pan cake
Make dough with arrowroot using water or coconut milk. Now spread it over the pan. Put sugar and shredded coconut over it and fold it. Cook for few minutes. Arrowroot cake is ready.
Arrowroot powder, the starch food with calcium ash
Arrowroot powder should be kept at your home for dealing with emergencies, especially if you have kids. Arrowroot is the best cooling food for children and adults. Give arrowroot porridge to babies. It would help diarrhea and stomach upset. Arrow root powder is a starch with numerous health benefits.
Arrowroot flour nutritional benefits
The health benefits of arrowroot powder are many. Arrowroot powder has cooling effects on the body. It is a soft food that can be given to infants as well as pregnant women. Arrowroot creates a healthy balance in the stomach and cures diarrhea. Arrowroot can be cooked in minutes. Just cook in a low temperature for two or three minutes. Giving arrowroot porridge to babies at least once in a week would help their stomach
Arrowroot powder for urinary infection in children
The most important health benefit of arrowroot powder is that it cures urinary infection in adults as well children. Drinking arrowroot porridge twice a day would cure urinary infection in children and adults. Arrowroot is particularly effective in children. During summer months children get urinary problems. They complain of burning pain after urination. This is because of heat. Giving arrowroot porridge would cure these problems in children.