- Food and Cooking
Artichokes in a Lemon and Herb Dressing: Vegan Friendly Recipe
Healthy and Tasty Artichokes
Delicious lemon and herb artichokes
Artichokes are delicious served in a warm salad or as part of a main meal. They require only simple seasoning, and are perfect on a summer afternoon. They are also highly nutritious and contain plenty of fiber, vitamin C and calcium. This recipe is very simple but it tastes delicious, it is vegan friendly as it contains no dairy, eggs or any other non-vegan friendly food.
Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
Here is what you need
- 400g artichokes (ready prepared from deli either globe or French)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ a lemon (juice)
- Drizzle olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Small handful chives, chopped
- Small handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Toss the artichokes with 1 finely chopped garlic clove and a squeeze of lemon juice.
2. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Leave to infuse for a minimum of 10 minutes. If you have the time, leave to infuse for at least half an hour.
3. Take a handful of chopped chives, and a handful of flat leaf parsley and sprinkle on the artichokes. Mix, until well combined and serve.