- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Arugula Soup with Goat Cheese
Arugula Soup Made Easy
Arugula is a leafy green vegetable made in salads, soups, and main dishes. Arugula has more benefits than iceberg lettuce because it is enriched with calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K. Like broccoli and cabbage, arugula is categorized as a cruciferous vegetable. Cruciferous vegetables protect the body from specific cancers. You can eat arugula raw or cooked.
I decided to make arugula soup because I love arugula and I love making soup. I was a little nervous to make this for my family, because my husband does not like fresh arugula. This is a simple and quick recipe. Not only is it quick and easy, it is healthy for my family.
- 3 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive OIl
- 1 Chopped Leek, Wash very carefully. Dirt likes to hide in the cracks of the leaves.
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 3 cups Arugula, Washed and roughly chopped
- 2 Yukon Potato, Peeled and Diced
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- In a large pot warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leek and cook about 3-4 minutes. Add the potatoes and stock. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, uncover and add arugula. Add sour cream. Continue simmering for 3 minutes. Use immersion blender to blend mixture. Add salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowl and serve.
- Add 1/2 oz goat cheese for garnish.