Asian vegetable wok
Hello dear readers. As you all know my opinion is that it does not have to be meat all the time you want something tasty. Therefore I'm presenting you today my recipe for a delicious vegetable wok variation which contains and Japanese and Indian influence. Using hot red curry and ginger to create an unique flavor. The dish makes it possible for you to have a healthy and tasty meal without having to use processed food, fatty meat or synthetic sauce. Everything you will be using is great and good for your body. Of course you can use this also as an garnish to your steak or grilled chicken as there are multiple variations which depend only on your preference.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 celery
- 3 carrot, mid sized
- 1 parsley
- 1 onion, big
- 1 zucchini
- 1 salad
- 1/4 tbs. red curry
- 250g yogurt, low fat
- 50g ginger, pickled
- 1 tbs. molasses
- white sweet vine
- The carrot, salad and parsley. Wash and peal the carrot and the parsley. After this you need to cut them into long thin slices. Wash the salad and chop so you have long strings.
- The cauliflower and celery. Wash both vegetable and then cut them carefully into slices.
- The onion. Peal the onion and cut it into big chops as you want to have them later on nicely visible in the final dish.
- The zucchini. Simply wash a nice one. Don't peal it as you need the beautiful green skin. Chop it into 1/4 circles.
- Step 1. Take a big wok. Put a little vegetable oil into it and let it get hot. add the red curry paste. Let it fry for a bit, but be careful not to overdo it as then the spice could get bitter.
- Step 2. Add the chopped onion pieces to the hot oil and red curry. Let it take on some color and mix with the spicy flavor of the curry.
- Step 3. Insert the molasses. It is vry sticky but when it gets warm you can work with it perfectly. Let the onion - curry - molasses mixture combine well.
- Step 4. Now add the long slices of carrot and parsley. You need to be patient before you move on to the next step. let the vegetables get warm but be carefull as you don't want them to be soft yet when you continue.
- Step 5. Add the cauliflower adn wait a bit till its cooks and is not all too raw.
- Step 6. Bring in the zucchini. The zucchini is very fast in preparation so pay attention and don't get distracted by anything else.
- Step 7. Add the salad which really needs to stay crunchy, so cook it only for a couple of seconds.
- Step 8. Put in the yogurt.
- Step 9. Mix everything and add salt until you are satisfied with the final flavor.
this dish might be something too strong for some people, but remember that you are the cook and you decide how much of what comes into the wok, pot, oven and finally your belly. You can use less red curry paste, or more yogurt or what ever you like. The magic of cooking is hidden in the simple fact, that everyone has a different preference and therefore the food is like a living being which evolves and changes all the time.