Easy Vegetarian Asparagus Quiche Recipe
The Almighty Quiche -
Seeing that many dietary intakes these days are full of restrictions and limitations, it only makes a great deal of sense to release a stunning recipe for all the veggies out there! If red meat isn't on the menu, it's not a problem, because you'll for sure find comfort in this easy asparagus quiche recipe. Capitalizing on the best of the vegetarian world, you'll discover a homemade and flaky tart dough filled with asparagus, creamy cheeses, and caramelized onions. With a mouthful of these substantial flavors, what more could one ask of a vegetarian quiche recipe?
- 1/2 Pound Asparagus (blanched)
- 1 Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Muenster Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Tart Dough -
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter (1/2 Cup)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Recipe Rating -
Recipe Specifics -
- Prep time: 30 min
- Cook time: 45 min
- Ready in: 1 hour 15 min
- Yields: One 9" Quiche (Comfortably Serves Four)
- Start with the quiche dough. Cut the butter into small cubes and place in the freezer along with your tart pan.
- When the butter is very cold, pulse quickly in a food processor (or blender) with the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Working quickly, as to not warm the pan or dough, pour out and gently press the crumbly quiche dough mixture into all sides and bottom of the pan. Place back into freezer and allow to chill for at least the next 30 minutes.
- While the dough is setting up in the freezer, take some time to prepare the rest of the ingredients. This process involves blanching the asparagus, slicing the onion and grating the cheeses.
- When time has elapsed and the ingredients are fully prepped, assembly of the asparagus and caramelized onion tart can be conducted.
- Preheat Oven to 400°F.
- Remove the quiche crust from the freezer and loosely poke all around with a fork. (Prevents bubbling)
- To the crust, layer the rest of the ingredients in the following order: 1/2 of cheese, asparagus, eggs, 1/2 onion, other 1/2 of cheese and finishing topping of onion.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the onions on top have just begun to caramelize and the filling is firm.
- Serve hot, or cool to room temperature. For storage, allow the quiche to cool then cut and refrigerate. The quiche will keep for up to five days. That’s if the quiche ever makes it to storage though!
Final Word - Vegetarian Asparagus Quiche
You might be tricked into believing that this asparagus and onion quiche needs to be served immediately while still piping hot, but honestly, it's just as good eaten at room temperature as it is warm! The slightly sweet caramelized onions pair perfectly with the savory flavor of asparagus and the creamy textures of cheese and egg. All around, it's a winning combination! Thank you for reading this vegetarian asparagus quiche recipe. As always, keep it simple and enjoy!
If you happen to give this Asparagus and Onion Quiche recipe a whirl, please don't forget to leave a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!