Awesome Baked Potato Soup Recipe
I got this awesome baked potato soup recipe from an old man down the street named Frank who grows potatoes in his garden. Each year come harvest time Frank makes a big pot of his tasty soup, and to my delight sends me over a bowl. I've finally convinced him to tell me the recipe, and with Frank's permission I'm posting it here on the web for all of the world to enjoy.
More Awesome Soup Recipes:
- How To Make Beef And Beer Soup
If you love beer you'll be happy to know it's not just for drinking. Beer can also be added as a flavor enhancing ingredient to many delicious recipes. One of my favorite uses for beer (besides drinking it of...
- Cheesy Beer Soup Recipe
Delicious Cheesy Beer Soup This is a secret Rosehill family recipe, and my brothers may disown me for sharing it with you! Really it is that good. I'm sure you've come across some interesting beer/soup...
- Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe
Delicious tomato soup begins with fresh tomatoes. Hopefully you have some tomatoes fresh from your garden, because nothing quite compares to the taste of a home grown tomato. If not, try to get some from your...
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 qt milk
- 5 oz shredded American cheese
- 4 crisply cooked bacon slices, drained and crumbled
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Scrub the potatoes, and pat them dry. Use a fork to prick holes into each potato. Bake the potatoes until tender in a 425 degree F oven (40-60 minutes); allow them to cool. Halve the potatoes lengthwise, and use a spoon to remove the white portions. Discard the skins, and break up any large pieces of potato; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add half of the sliced green onions, and cook until tender. Stir in the flour, dill, salt, and pepper. Add the milk. Cook and stir until the soup thickens and begins to bubble. Add the baked potato pieces, and 1 cup of the shredded American cheese. Stir the soup until the cheese is melted.
- Serve. Sprinkle the top of each serving with bacon pieces, and the left over shredded cheese and green onion slices. Enjoy!
|Serving size: 1 bowl|
|Calories from Fat||396|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 44 g||68%|
|Saturated fat 25 g||125%|
|Unsaturated fat 19 g|
|Carbohydrates 48 g||16%|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 33 g||66%|
|Cholesterol 130 mg||43%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|