Awesome Slow Cooker Irish Stew
Cut-up some lamb, potatoes and fresh veggies. Toss them into your crock pot the night before, and have a hardy meal at hand the moment your St. Patrick's Day celebration begins.
large slow cooker
large wooden spoon
- 1 pound boneless lean lamb
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup fast-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Cut the boneless lamb into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet, and brown the lamb pieces half at a time.
- In your slow cooker mix together the potatoes, turnips, carrots, onions, tapioca, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir in your browned lamb pieces and beef broth.
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook the stew on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours (or high-heat setting for 5-6 hours).
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 9 g|
|Carbohydrates 23 g||8%|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 17 g||34%|
|Cholesterol 50 mg||17%|
|Sodium 684 mg||29%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|