Awesome Tuna Sandwich Recipe
Working for many years in German Cafeterias, taught me a lot of knowledge not only in how to politely and correctly served the people, but also how to bake cakes and make sandwiches. Though the job was a bit stressful, I enjoyed it as it was one way of getting to know other people in different nationalities like Dutch, Italians, Polish, Croatians, Turks and of course Germans. It was another family for me at work as me and my co-workers enjoyed our companies and learned from each others languages, customs and traditions.
- Egg boiler or kettle
- Spreading knife
- Chopping board
- 1 can Tuna, flakes
- 4 slices White bread or whole wheat bread
- 2 pieces Lettuce, leaves
- 2 pieces Tomatoes, slices
- 2 pieces Eggs, hard boiled and cut into cubes
- Remoulade or Miracle Whip, for spreading
- 1 small can or fresh orange or mandarine (tangerine), segmented, deseeded and cut into cubes
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- butter or margarine, for spreading
Step by StepClick thumbnail to view full-size
Some Health Benefits Of:
- Tuna has a lot of protein and minerals like magnesium, selenium and potassium.
- It contains Omega 3 fatty acids which is good for our hearts and our eyes.
- It prevents cancer like ovarian and pancreatic cancer.
Step by Step
- Open the can of tuna flakes. Discard the water or oil. Put it in a bowl. Add the miracle whip or remoulade. Mix well with a fork.
- Boil the eggs hard in an egg boiler or a kettle. Peel off the hard boiled eggs and slice them to cubes. Add to the tuna flakes mixture. Add salt and pepper and taste the mixture according to your taste. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, wash the lettuce and the tomatoes. Pat the lettuce dry and slice the tomatoes thinly.
- If you have bought a fresh mandarine or orange, peel off the skin and cut the segments (discard the seeds) of the fruit into cubes. If you have bought the canned mandarine or orange, you only have to cut them into cubes. Then add these cubes to the tuna flakes mixture. Mix well.
- Spread the butter or margarine to one side of the bread. Put lettuce leaves on top. Then spread the tuna flakes mixture on top of the lettuce. Arrange tomato slices on top and spread salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a few slices of oranges and washed sprigs of parsley on top, then cover the sandwich with another piece of buttered bread. Make the same tuna sandwich with the rest of the bread. Boun Apetit!
- How To Make Croissant Sandwiches
Have you eaten such a delicious Croissant Sandwiches? Well, here are a few easy homemade Croissant Sandwiches even a child can make at home.
There are many ways in making awesome tuna sandwiches. You only have to be creative in creating this sandwich.
- You can make this sandwich with rye bread, whole wheat bread, baguette, croissant and bagel.
- You can use romaine salad instead of lettuce.
- Add gherkins or cucumber slices.
- You can substitute mayonnaise with yogurt or miracle whip.
- If you like, you can add sliced onions, garlic, parsley or spring onions.
It´s up to you how you´ll create your awesome tuna sandwich, but then, why not try this recipe first?
Would you like to try this tuna sandwich?
- Traditional German Breakfast
Have you ever been to Germany for a holiday and have experienced German breakfast? Well if not, let me tell you the typical German breakfast.
Boiling The Eggs
© 2013 Thelma Alberts