BADAM HALWA (ALMOND HALWA)
Give stars , if u like it :)
Hands full of Nuts :)
Halwa @ its best I would say. Badam (Almond) halwa is a rich and amazingly tasty indian dessert prepared with the most nutritious Nuts Almond. This is one of our family favourite halwa and I tried my late granny's recipe with little improvisation of mine.
Delicious Halwa from my Kitchen Space :)
- 2 cups Almond, blanched
- 2 tbsp Cashew, soaked in warm water for 15min
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Saffron, or eight thread of saffron
- 1 cup Fine Coarse Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Ghee, ( clarified Butter)
Lets Make it :)
- Grind blanched almonds and soaked cashew with little milk and prepare a smooth paste.
- Melt ghee in a kadhai and keep the ghee aside. In the same kadhai ( Thick bottom pan) bring 1/4 cup of water to boil, switch off the flame, add sugar and stir let the sugar dissolve completely.
- Now add the badam paste, remaining milk, saffron mixed with little milk and cook on medium flame stirring continuously for about 10 minutes.
- Once it starts thickening and the sides start getting a flaky texture add the melted ghee except 2 tsp and stirring continuously on low flame.
- You will find the ghee is completely absorbed and the little amount of ghee will start leaving the sides of the pan. Now switch off the flame, add the remaining 2 tsp of ghee and stir for about 2 minutes and soon you will find the texture of Halwa super smooth with glazy look.
- Once it cool, halwa will be thicken and ready to eat. You can also store it in air tight container and refrigerate for three to four days. :)
Eat it Right :)
|Serving size: 1 (90gm)|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Protein 14 g||28%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|