BBQ Meatloaf Patties
- 1 pound of hamburger
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 slices of bread
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce (I prefer Bulls-eye hickory smoke, but choose based on your preference of flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons of mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of vinegar
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Tear the bread into small pieces. In a large bowl mix together the hamburger, bread, and milk.
- Line a 13x9 baking pan with aluminum foil for easier clean up if you like. Then form the hamburger into 6 patties, placing them into the dish.
- Now mix the ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard, vinegar, sugar, and salt together.
- Pour the mixture onto each of the patties.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
My Results With This Recipe
My husband fell in love with this dish the very first time that I made it. I had done this more as an experiment than anything else, because we had wanted to try something new and different. The meatloaf patties came out moist and absolutely delicious. There were no leftovers, and this is the first dish that I have made that my husband absolutely wants to eat often. Feel free to leave comments and change the recipe to suit your own needs and tastes.