- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
BBQ Pulled Chicken In The Slow Cooker
Alright guys, I'll admit I'm not much of a cook, which means I am in LOVE with my slow cooker! A friend from my old job had recommended this recipe to me after I bought my slow cooker. Upon reviewing many different recipes I came up with this one on my own, and I have to admit, it's pretty good. I 'guesstimate' whenever I add my ingredients so use your best judgement. The thing I do love about this recipe is that if you are short on this, or out of that, you can absolutely substitute. Its all about getting flavor in there, no matter how you do it!
This would also go great with my Homemade Macaroni & Cheese as your side dish!
- 1-1/2 - 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 9 oz BBQ Sauce, (Half of an 18oz bottle)
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Mustard, Spicy or Dijon
- 1/2 cup Salad Dressing, Italian works best, Ranch if you don't have Italian
- 1 package Kaiser or Hamburger Rolls
- Wash Chicken and cut away extra fat pieces.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl and add chicken.
- Coat chicken with sauce mixture and pour all ingredients into slow cooker or Crock-pot.
- Cook on high for 5-1/2 to 6 hours, or on low for 8 hours.
- When there is about an hour left of cooking, take two forks and without removing chicken from slow cooker, start shredding it.
- Once finished cooking, scoop some chicken out, put on Kaiser roll and enjoy!