Recipe: Easy BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
This easy barbecue pulled chicken is made in the slow cooker. It's similar to a famous Dave's pulled pork sandwich and a real crowd pleaser! If you are hosting a Party this is a great recipe that will feed a crowd and free you up to watch the game or enjoy your guests. It's always good to have a few easy recipes that will feed a crowd in your recipe file. This is the perfect party sandwich recipe; you can make it ahead of time and place the chicken in a crock pot for your party buffet. Serve a big basket of nice soft rolls and a big bowl of homemade coleslaw on the side. Guests can serve themselves and you can enjoy the party. These sandwiches also make a great family dinner, add sides of cornbread and coleslaw and corn on the cob and it's an easy BBQ dinner night.
I always use my favorite barbecue sauce, Sweet Baby Rays, for this slower cooker chicken recipe, it's delicious!
One of the shortcuts that makes this chicken sandwich easy to prepare is using a stand mixer to shred the chicken instead of shredding by hand!
- 5 lbs Boneless Chicken, Breasts & Thighs
- 2 bottles Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce, 18oz
Step One: Prepare the Chicken
Step 2: Add Chicken & BBQ Sauce to Crockpot
Step 3: Remove Cooked Chicken from Crockpot or Oven, Allow to Cool, Place in Mixing Bowl and Pulse until shredded.
Step 5: Enjoy Eating Your Easy Pulled Chicken Sandwich
Instructions for easy BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- Rinse the chicken. You can use all breasts, but I prefer to use a combination of breasts and thighs, as the dark the meat is a little moister. Slice into pieces about 3 to 4 inches long. If any pieces are too think slice them in half to make them thinner. We want them to soak up the juices.
- Step 2: Add all the pieces to the crockpot, slowcooker or baking dish, mix well with one bottle of bbq sauce, cook on low in the crockpot / slowcooker for 6 to 7 hours. Or if you are baking in the oven, bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours.
- Step 3: Remove chicken from crockpot or baking dish and allow to cool.
- Step 4: Pull the Chicken. Here's the fun, easy part. No more shredding chicken or pork by hand with 2 forks, a process that takes forever!! Pull out your hand or stand mixer. Add a couple handfuls of chicken pieces at a time to to the mixing bowl. Turn the beaters on for a few seconds at a time, takes maybe 20 seconds at most and you'll have shredded chicken! Place shredded chicken in a separate large bowl. Keep shredding till all chicken is done.
- Enjoy your easy bbq pulled chicken sandwiches on a nice soft roll and with some homemade coleslaw.
Easy BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
So, there you have it, BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches made easy! Enjoy them at your next party, your guests will be wowed. Try including homemade coleslaw on top of the sandwiches or as a side dish!
Chicken or PorK
These pulled bbq sandwiches were made with chicken which is lower in fat and calories than pork. Which do you prefer, chicken or pork?
Easy BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches for a Crowd
This article was created by a work from home mom; join us at HubPages to work from home and become part of a great community. It’s free, click here to join: HubPages