- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
BEST, EASY Gluten-Free Bread in a Mug
Not being able to eat wheat is annoying at best, and completely depressing at worst. Couple that with the dubious gluten-free recipes online that promise exemplary taste and texture, and often fail to deliver, and you may be close to pulling your hair out!
It took me months to perfect this recipe for gluten-free, single-serve bread in a mug that I could whip up quickly for breakfast or a snack, but boy, was it worth it. This recipe, unlike most gluten-free microwave recipes that call for eggs, is not weirdly yellow, sticky, or eggy. Personally, there is nothing I hate more than eggy baked goods (yuck!), so I knew there had to be another way to get the fluffy, moist crumb I wanted in a gluten-free bread without using eggs.
This recipe is eggless, dairy-free (and doesn't call for dairy substitutes at all), nut-free, vegan, and uses by far the simplest, cheapest, and most readily accessible ingredients out of all the similar online recipes I've seen.
Finally, a fast, cheap, easy gluten-free bread in the microwave that isn't eggy, dry, or tacky!!
- 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
1. Mix flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder together in a microwave-safe mug or bowl until well combined.
2. Add canola oil and stir briefly.
3. Add water; stir until there are no more lumps (batter should be runny).
4. Add vinegar or lemon juice and stir well.
5. Microwave for one minute.
(NOTE: Microwave times may vary. Start at 40 seconds. If it's not quite done, put it in for another 10 seconds, and then another 10 if it needs it)
Warning: FOOD PORN AHEAD
6. Turn bread over onto a plate and allow to cool for at least five minutes before slicing it into pieces with a SERRATED KNIFE.
(NOTE: using a serrated knife is important; using a non-serrated knife will squish the bread unnecessarily and ruin its fluffiness).
7. Serve with margarine, jam, cheese, or whatever you like. Enjoy!
And there you have it!
Dead-simple, gluten-free bread in a mug.
If you try this recipe, let me know how it works out for you! :)