- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Pies & Tarts
BUFFALOGAL1960's ORIGINAL PEANUT BUTTER PIE RECIPE (DESSERT)
CHOCOLATE READY CRUST
Note: Please, before you begin, take off the lid to the ready-crust, remove paper label, wash with warm soapy water and set aside to dry. Inverted, this becomes the lid for the pie and you want it to be clean.
- AMOUNT INGREDIENT
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 3 tbspn Evaporated Milk
- 3 tbspn Water
- 1 container (reg size) Cool Whip, FROZEN - Do not thaw.
- Drizzle Chocolate Syrup, Optional for top
- Crumbs Peanuts, Crushed/optional
- Mix the cup of peanut butter with pkg cream cheese. It will seem a little dry until you add the milk and water. Note: The cream cheese does not have to be softened provided you have a bigger watt mixer.
- Add evaporated milk and water. Now it's creamier.
- When this is smooth add the powdered sugar and Splenda starting with mixer on low setting and then when blended, whip on higher speed.
- Fold in frozen cool whip on slowest speed possible. The cool whip is frozen but this prevents it from running.
- Pour into chocolate ready-crust.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and crushed peanuts. (Optional).
Additional note: You may be wondering why I mixed powdered sugar and Splenda. It has nothing to do with the calories but everything to do with consistency. The Splenda is a little coarser and helps the mixture to be ready-to-serve. This is also the reason for not softening the cream cheese and using frozen cool whip.