Bacalao stew recipe
Bacalao fish stew recipe traditionally comes from Puerto rico. Simple and super delicious and great to accompany any dinner meal. Bacalao, salted dried codfish, is the main ingredient in traditional Puerto Rican fish stew.
- 10 oz icelandic cod/cod fish fillets
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/8 cup capers
- 1 full peeled/chopped idaho potato
- 1 tsp ground fresh garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 quart fish stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Flour for dusting cod
Cooking method for bacalao stew recipe:
1. Heat oil in a large high- sided skillet. Add red onion and cook stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minutr.
2. Add fish, tomatoes, salt, pepper and all other vegetables; stir to combine. Add 1 quart fish stock.Let cod and all vegetables, simmer in fish stock for 15-20 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with crusty bread rolls.