- Food and Cooking
Try cooking with your carrot green tops
quick recipe stir fry recipes, vegan food, eat green stay young
carrot leaves health benefits
Yes, despite what's used to be known, carrot top is edible. After getting fresh green leafs attached with vegetables is foolishness if you put those in your waste.so here i want you to back to your kitchen waste and get some goodies..
so do not through away your carrot greens as they are very edible. In fact they are loaded with vitamins and minerals. Carrot greens are rich in vitamin K. and vitamin K performes a vital role to bone health which you should get..It’s says that the alkaloids in carrot tops make them slightly dangerous for consumption, but this wont be a big problem for you as alkaloids are a substance found throughout nearly every leafy green vegetable Like kale
Information- Don’t store carrots with their greens still attached. The tops take moisture away from the vegetables. Remove the tops from the vegetables and store them separately.As the tops don’t last very long so plan to eat them in short time.Wrap them with a damp paper towel and store in a plastic storage bag in your fridge. Do not take the main stick,cook the leafs only
There are many ways to have the greens. You could have it with salad or make pesto. Here I am going to put a recipe of carrot top in Indian style which goes nice with rice.........
- 2 cups carrot green, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped in cube
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cumin/mustard seeds
- 1/2 crushed red pepper flakes
. 1- 2 teaspoons olive oil
. Salt to taste
. 1 teaspoon dijon mustered
. Some roasted peanuts
- Wash well your greens and all veggies, chop them as finely
2. Take a medium size skillet and put some oil
3. when its hot temper the oil with cumin/mustard seeds
over medium-high heat.
4. Then add chopped carrots and garlic, salt cover and cook until soft, but not coloured.
5. Now add chopped onions and stir don't over fry the onions
6. Add the greens by the handful, stirring ,cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7. when it gets completely cooked Remove cover Season with some more salt and pepper add dijon mustard to taste and cover for 2m.
8.now its ready to plate.Sprinkle some roasted peanuts on it and serve with rice.